This free activity calendar for kids is the perfect way to plan Mother’s Day crafts and spring-themed activities with the kids. It includes ideas for learning about sea turtles, creating with chalk, getting creative, strengthening fine motor skills, and more!
Sidewalk Chalk Art
- 5 oz bottle Elmer’s Clear School Glue
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons saline contact solution (needs to have some kind of boric acid)
- Food coloring (black, blue, purple)
- Superfine glitter in various colors
- star confetti (optional)
- Mix the Glue and Baking Soda Together
- Add the Food Coloring
- Add the Glitter
- Add the Saline Contact Solution
- Knead the slime until smooth
- Repeat these steps for the additional colors
- Paint & plant your own small touch-me-not garden: A fascinating bashful plant that quickly closes its leaves and droops when touched! Paint the planter and plant marker, sow the Mimosa Pudica seeds, and follow along with the included step-by-step instructions.
- Make it unique: When it comes to the design, the sky is the limit! Feel free to express your creativity on the planter and plant markers. Though this plant doesn’t seem to want much attention, you can certainly give it a beautiful place to live as you paint the pot it will call home.