Thanksgiving is a special holiday for families to come together for good food, good company, and good cheer before all the Christmas preparations begin.
Though kids may view Thanksgiving as the start of the school holiday, there’s a lot more for them to know about it than simply no class, stuffed turkey and whipped cream-topped pumpkin pie.
Grab Our Giving Thanks Kit to teach your kids about THANKSGIVING.
- Colored Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Print out the Turkey Body on Brown Construction Paper.
- Print off the feathers, beak and wattle.
- Have your child write what they are Thankful for and write it for them.
- Glue all the pieces on.
- There are two sizes of feathers. Willa and I used the larger ones.
- Tips: We glued the feathers at the bottom on both sides first. Then laid out the other feathers to glue on.
- Cereal box or thin cardboard
- Brown construction paper
- Tacky glue
- Cut 4 strips of cardboard out. length depends on how big you want to make it.
- Tape or glue the bottom into a circle.
- Position the other strips where you want and glue. Make sure you leave room to cut out the door.
- Rip the Brown paper into strips and then rip them into smaller pieces and start gluing.